Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Anniversary

I really don't know when our "real" anniversary is. I know that we started seeing each other in January of 2001. Around May thru July we started to see more of each other and finally had sex in July...that I remember. So arbitrarily we decide that this year, July 13th would be our anniversary.


So how did we meet?

We both where music majors at the same university near the BEACH here in California. She already had a degree from another university in California in interior design. (Boy, how many people know who we are). We took a lot of the same classes and one day I was just asking her a question on the assignment that was due in 30 minutes. There was not spark. No chemistry, no magic. She was just a classmate and some one to hang out with between classes. A year or so later she was in need of a place to stay. I let her know that there was an apartment up in the building I was staying in. Not trying to lead her on, there was no malice intent. I just wanted to help her out because she was pretty stressed over having to look for a new place and not having the time to do it. Besides, I was closer to the campus than she was, living almost 20 minutes away, with no traffic, 45 with bumper to bumper.
It was a tiny studio, but it was a quiet place, with a pool, and access to my music references. So the rest just took care of it self. We would study together, talk, make food, and was they say.....The rest is history. In the spring of 2001, I was planning on doing my required recital for my degree. I honestly did not thing that we would be dating at the time, because I had my head up my ass. Besides, having to come up with over 45 minutes of music to play is quiet tough. So, as the semester ended, we spent more time together and started to feel like a couple. Other in her vocal class(she is a singer) asked if we where already married!


So why July 13th?...Well how about just the second Tuesday of July.

So sometime in late June of that year, we had our first kiss.........How do I know it was June? Because men remember things around various sports dates. Baseball's All-Star game is always the second Tuesday in July. That year, the game was played on July 10th. I know this because 1) I am a huge baseball fan. 2) My friend was in Seattle to watch it, and called me to tell me where he was sitting. When I answered the phone, she was coming in the door with a few burgers from down the street. The next morning, around 5 am was when we first had sex. So to me that is our anniversary....the day of the All-Star game.....or the second Tuesday of July. Two of the greatest American pastimes......baseball and sex.


So I have been thinking about sharing this blog with her. I know most of you who have a blog, care to keep it yourselves. What do you all think.

Oh yeah, for those of you who want to know what I got her for our anniversary; flowers of course and this......toy .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home