Saturday, May 20, 2006

Well...WE DID IT!


WE TOOK THE PLUNGE!
JUMPED THE BROOM!
GOT HITCHED!
MADE IT LEGAL!

WE GOT MARRIED!

It's all over now. The Songbird and I got married and pulled off the best reception ever. It all went by so quickly, that all I could think of was getting the ring on my finger. I'm sure she felt the same. The ceremony went by fairly quick, everyone loved our priest. He makes being in church a lot more relaxing than others do. I think taking pictures took longer than the ceremony. Then off to the reception we went. All we heard was that everyone had a great time. We had about 100 people; family and close friends, co-workers, who just kept telling us what a great ceremony and a great time they were having at the reception. People ate, drank(and didn't get out of hand), danced to the band that we hired...it was great.

So...details? Well, all I could say is this. When I saw Songbird come down the aisle, all I could think about was how lucky I am to call this woman my wife. The night before she stayed at a hotel with her wedding party, and I stayed home alone. It was the longest night of my life knowing that she was not next to me, and here we are about to embark on the biggest day of our lives together, and she is not next to me. Then when I did see her, I just couldn't stop grinning. I'm sure that she felt the same way. I hope that she will post her thoughts about or wedding day. I'm sure that she has a lot more to say than I do. After all, it's all girls think about right.

For us guys, we just want to get the sex. Unfortunately, for us, there was no wedding night pleasures. We were so tired, so run-down, knowing that the following day we would have just as busy a day, that we did not have sex on our wedding night. Don't worry we did later on in the week, coming home from a short honeymoon.

Time to unpack and gear up for our return to our jobs...more details to come later.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I', so happy that you finally got married :) Can't wait for more details! Congratz and have a good one

10:13 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

RSA, Congratulations to both you and Songbird. *clicks glass*

1:25 AM  
Blogger marriedwithsex said...

Congrats! The same thing happened to my hubby and I on our wedding night, too tired...but we seem to have made up for it since ;) And I know you will too.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home